Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Final Thoughts

I returned to work on Mon. nite/Tue. (Tour 1) and was asked several times my thoughts on the Convention. As I stated earlier in my Mid-Week posting, the respect and camaraderie that I witnessed exhibited at this past Convention was for me, an honor to be a part of.
  • In the scheme of things, you would have to agree that had it not been for the hard work of our National Officers, John, Mark, and the NEB, and the Committees and their members doing such a fine job of making recommendations that were so well thought out, the flow of the Convention and its business would not have been so smooth and uninterrupted...
  • Brother Nick Mosezar (Local 318 President) and the entire Delegation of Local 318 get kudos for their job as the Host Local and the hospitality they afforded the Convention Delegates...
  • John (Hegarty, Nat'l. President) performing at the House of Blues as the third Blues Brother...
  • Late evenings/early mornings lounging around the pool...
  • Disney World, the perfect family-friendly venue...
  • Leaving Florida just ahead of Tropical Storm Fay...

Overall, I had a good time and I am now looking forward to implementing the strategies planned and discussed at the Convention to assure that we get Senator Barrack Obama elected as the next President of the United States as well as further our efforts in getting favorable legislation passed in Congress. I also plan to assist my Local/Branch Officers in any way that I can to educate our Members on the issues that matter to us the most. In order to accomplish this, I plan to continue this blog and use it as a means to communicate with the Brothers and Sisters of my Local as well as those of other Locals who choose to access the information that will be contained herein. I welcome any comments, questions or concerns that anyone may have. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.


Thank you for your continued support,

b.shep.

No comments: